July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dream Card Using Picture My Life: No Stamps, No Ink, No Kidding!




The other day, I was going through my stash of Picture My Life (PML) cards (similar to Project Life, but exclusive to CTMH!), and was really noticing how beautiful they were as stand alone cards. All of the cards have full-color images on the front and back, which is well-suited for pocket-style scrapbooking where the card will be seen on both sides through the page protectors. But to use the cards in another way, sometimes means that only one of those beautiful images will be shown, which is kind of a shame. (To learn more about PML, see this post HERE.)

When I was at the Close To My Heart annual convention a couple of weeks ago, one of the classes that we took was about Picture My Life, and ways to use these cards other than in traditional pocket-style scrapbooking. Wanting to step outside of the box a bit, I decided to use one of the lovely 3" x 4" cards on a 4.25" x 5.5" card.



Taking some of the colors from the PML card itself, I came up with the following color palette: Cocoa, Bamboo, Lagoon, and White Daisy. For the card pattern, I used the Mojo Monday #354 card sketch, which can be found here.

As I started to assemble the pieces, I realized that the gorgeous little PML card was all the focus the card needed. I did not stamp any images (gasp!), and I did not ink around any edges (what?). Instead, I got out my edge distressing tool and sanding block (see the product list below) and went to town on roughing up the papers for a distressed look.



When everything was glued into place, I added a little piece of white grosgrain ribbon. I cut both ends of the ribbon at an angle and then pulled out some of the threads for a worn, frayed look. I used Glue Dots to hold down the ribbon and left it to show on the front of the card, instead of tucking it neatly behind the Cocoa cardstock. To finish off the card, I added a small scallop in Lagoon cardstock, and a Teal Resin Flower at the end of the ribbon.

I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...