July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Friday, July 25, 2014

Flashback Friday #8: Everything Is Awesome Card





Just a few days ago, we watched The LEGO Movie. Even though we don't have small children anymore, we heard that this movie was a box office hit and was worth the rent. Well, it was a super cute movie! More than anything though, the movie's theme song, "Everything is Awesome" stuck in my head and I have found myself humming it on quite a few occasions over the past few days!

So, with the movie on my mind, and the song in my head, I just had to create a LEGO inspired card! Unfortunately, I don't own a dot embossing folder that looks like LEGO blocks (I've seen people recreate those and they look great!). I do have a dot folder though, so I did the best I could to create some "blocks" for the card.


Since the traditional LEGO blocks are extremely colorful, I wanted to use the brightest primary papers I could find. Luckily, I had retired papers from the CTMH "Summer" collection on hand. Since all of the colors used in this project (with the exception of black and white) are retired, I knew that this card would be great for Flashback Friday! 

Just in case you are curious, or own these papers yourself, here are the colors that I used: Star Spangled Blue, Holiday Red, Clover Meadow, and Sunny Yellow. I LOVE all of these bright colors and was so sad when they retired (lucky I stocked up a bit!).


The stamp set that I used is called "True to Life" and is still current. I sought out this set, knowing that one of the stamps said "Awesome" and would fit my theme! I stamped the word "Awesome" seven times in various colors. Six of the images are featured on the banner, with the blue sentiment stamped twice and layered on top of each other with foam tape. On the "Remember This" sentiment, I hand-wrote "Everything is" and then added an "Awesome" stamp below it. Both were popped off the card with foam tape. 

A few bling sparkles to finish off the card, and Everything is Awesome!

I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...