July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Monday, July 14, 2014

Make-and-Take Tags and Expo Recap




As you might remember, I attended the Rubber Stamp Convention in Carson, CA this past weekend as a vendor. This was, by far, the largest event I have ever done. Besides this event, I have only had a table at craft fairs... and it's been a few years for that as well! 

Since someone had cancelled their booth space, I was able to set up two tables at the event: one table for CTMH displays, and one table for make-and take projects. The front table was where most of the action was! I had three make-and-take seats ready for customers, and also some literature on the table about my workshops (local and online), and a draw box for a free draw.

The back table held more literature and various projects on display. Since my table was 2' smaller than I was told, I also had a little floor display, which is hard to see in the photo below.


I was fortunate that my daughter helped me out for the weekend. Actually, it was less fortune, and more bribery! She was paid to help at the event, and did a great job. Now there is something that you should know about my Megan... she did not inherit her mother's crafty gene. She has absolutely NO interest in crafting or creating. As a straight "A" student, she will work very hard on any creative project she is assigned, but always enlists my help.

So to my surprise, at some point throughout the event (during a lull in the afternoon), she asked me if she could make one of the make-and-take tags. Completely shocked, I said, "OF COURSE!" I guided her through the first one, and then she was off! She made about 30 tags over the course of two days!

When she first held the stamp, she thought it was the coolest thing ever because she could see through it and knew where it was going to stamp. I told her that she was lucky because she didn't get to play with just any old stamp, she got to play with Close To My Heart's premium clear stamps! I snapped a quick picture while she was distracted! Shhh, don't tell her that I posted it here...



It was a fun weekend with a lot of interaction with some very nice ladies! I will be following up with those that gave me their information within the next couple of days. I love what I do and am so excited to share CTMH and various types of paper crafting with others!

However.... as much fun as I had with the ladies at the event, one of the absolute highlights was meeting Tim Holtz!



I usually don't smile so hard (it shows all of the wrinkles...LOL!), but Tim was just too much fun! His booth was set up across from ours, so we saw his huge crowd all day as he was performing demos. I wanted to participate, but it was work time for me, guiding my own demos!

And speaking of demos, if I had to guess, I would say that we did about 200 make-and-take tags at our table. The tags were super easy to put together since all of the shapes were pre-cut with the CTMH Cricut cartridges! The ladies (and a couple of gents) got to ink/distress, stamp, and glue all of the components. The highlight for the majority of the ladies was using our awesome 2-way glue! Many of them had never used anything like it and LOVED it!

Here are the tags that we made:





Since our CTMH paper is patterned on both sides, customers had a choice of the pink pattern, or the gray pattern from the same piece of paper. There were three sentiments to choose from, as shown above. 

The adorable "Lollydoodle" paper that we used is only available for about two more weeks, then it will be retiring with all of the other patterned papers in the current Idea Book/Catalog. If you think it's cute, you need to get it now, before it's gone! But, a bunch of new paper packs will be introduced in our new Annual Inspirations Idea Book, available August 1, 2014!

I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...