July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Mini Skylark Box from Art Philosophy






This adorable little box was cut from the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, and then covered in papers from the Skylark Paper Packet. Since the Skylark papers have a double-side pattern, I used one side for the front, back, and bottom of the box, and then flipped the Skylark paper over to reveal another pattern to use on the sides of the box.

There isn't too much of a tutorial to give on this project, since the Cricut did all of the hard work for me! Basically, I just glued the paper onto the box, making sure that a pleasing pattern was showing on the front and back. Since I really wanted the blue Skylark bird to show on the front, I positioned it just right. Same goes for the bird on the back.




I was going to stamp a sentiment and adhere to the front, but I liked the pattern in the paper so much, I decided not to cover it up. Instead, I just added some of the Skylark Assortment (colorful resin birds and flowers) to the front and back, and let the paper remain the star of this project.




The Cricut cuts the box with the appropriate slits to assemble properly. To close the box, simply tie a ribbon, fabric, hemp, lace, etc. through the two holes at the top. Since I had fabric from the Skylark Textiles line on hand, I threaded two corresponding colors through the slits and tied them in knots.




This would be a great little gift box for giving a necklace or cuff made from our Base and Bling line of wearable crafts!

I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...